httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Method Not Allowed?
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:13:25 GMT

You must be setting the form action to use the POST method. POST is
intended to send bulk data to a CGI script in a separate HTTP packet
from the main request. However, it only makes sense to POST to a dynamic
resource (e.g. CGI program, ASP page, etc.) You can't POST to a static
file like a plain HTML.

A quick fix would be to set method="GET" in your form.

>However if I copy the address and paste it back I can bring up the page
>without a problem.

Of course. This is because the browser uses the GET method.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

Any suggestions?
>Bob