httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jason Parsons <jparsons-apa...@saffron.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.27 and Solaris 8 large file support?
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 03:50:26 GMT

I'm trying to serve a 3.4 GB file with Apache 1.3.27 under Solaris 8.
I'm getting a 403 error on the client side, and this error in error_log:

  [error] [client xxxxx] (79)Value too large for defined data type:
access to /xxxx failed

I have searched the archives and can't find any help.  I assume the
problem here is that either Solaris or Apache isn't supporting large
files.  Are there any pointers for how to compile Apache (or configure
Solaris, if that is the problem) to support large files?

Thank you for any help.
  - Jason Parsons