httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jon Block" <ht...@collegepublisher.com>
Subject [users@httpd] ErrorDocument Gurus... read this
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 14:59:33 GMT
I'm using the ErrorDocument directive to serve out a different file when
files are not found in one of my directories. Everything is working, but I'm
wondering if there is a way to serve out the error document file without
returning a the 403 status code to the browser. The reason is because I want
to have a certain series of pages be indexed by google and I seriously doubt
that google will take them if they are 403's. The nice thing with these
particular pages is that even if the files are not there when they are
requested, the error document will serve out the content that should have
been there so it is transparent to the end user.

Thanks,
Jon