httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Lee" <jeffleeismyh...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Basic Security upgrades
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 23:08:34 GMT
I am looking to increase the security of my server and I was wondering if someone could help
me with basic security issues.

I am not using cgiwrap, but I do not have outside users putting cgi scripts on the server.
I am mainly looking at permissions on the web directories. Also I want the owner of each domain
to beable to ftp to the sites directory (/www/site) so that they can make changes. But I would
like this to be as secure as possible. I currently use SSH to connect and I also wanted to
know if there was a way to increase security for that.
I also want to beable to find out, from root, who is logged in and what they are doing. There
ip address etc. and I want to beable to kick them off of the server if I need to.
I realize that some of this is not apache specific but I figured that most people here have
these measures in place and are knowledgeable in these areas.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff Lee