httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Lemaire, David W." <dlema...@ems.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] apache segmentation fault
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:27:17 GMT
I was getting the same thing.
It was caused by certain versions of Opera and very long (800+ char) URL's.
I have not yet found a resolution.

Dave Lemaire
Systems Administrator
Eastern Mountain Sports
603-924-9571 x5102
/*
Problems cannot be solved at the same level
of awareness that created them. -A. Einstein
*/

-----Original Message-----
From: admin [mailto:admin2@enabled.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 10:37 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] apache segmentation fault

OS:  FreeBSD 4.8 Stable
Server: Apache/1.3.28 (Unix) mod_perl/1.27 PHP/4.3.3RC2 PHP/3.0.18
mod_ssl/2.8.15 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_fastcgi/2.4.0

Hi,

well didnt get a response to the first post.  I think I am asking the proper
questions.  please let me know if I am not and let me know what I need to
include to get this situation expressed properly.

I keep coming upon a segmentation fault with apache.  I dont know what is
causing it.  I think I have a core file lying around on the machine when
this happens.  what is a good course of action to figure out what is going
on here?
  how can I analyze the core file to figure out what is going on.

from the apache logs
[Mon Aug 25 10:02:04 2003] [notice] child pid 2266 exit signal Segmentation
faul t (11)

a core file search - nothing found
shell# find / -name "httpd\.core"

so how can I generate a core file when apache has a segmentatino fault?

- Noah