httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tony Karakashian" <tony...@monstertruck.cc>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxying Questions
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2003 20:19:47 GMT
>> If I understand correctly, (and again, I appologize for not reading all
>> the details), you can use hostnames if you do it like this:

>> <VirtualHost *>
>> ServerName homeauto.mydomain.com
>> ProxyPass / http://internal-homeauto.mydomain.com/
>> ProxyPassReverse / http://internal-homeauto.mydomain.com/
>> </VirtualHost>

AAAAAH....Okay, that makes sense!  Question: for subfolders for these,
do I have to specify them, or should that "/" be considered relative.
Okay, I KNOW that made no sense...let's use the above example.  Would
homeauto.mydomain.com/squirrelmail be accessible, or do I have to add
a reference to it specifically?

>> Please point me to where it says that and I'll make sure it gets fixed.
>> I don't recall any examples that have a full URL in the first argument.

I will look through...I've been through so much documentation on this! :)
It's entirely possible that came from a list post, so don't hold me to it.
As for the compilation issues, they're right here:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/install.html

In the example about 3/4 of the way down the page...

"For example, to include all modules as DSOs with the exception of
mod_info, you can use

./configure --enable-mods-shared=all --disable-info"

This did not work.  When I used the above line, I got no modules at all.
I had to do ./configure --enable-mods-shared="all".  But, that still did
not give me the proxy mods, I had to add them as well. ("all proxy etc...")

Thanks for all your help, Joshua.  I know, it's a pain to read so much
info, I just want to get it right the first time, if I can, so I don't have
to bother anyone again! :)  I'm off to the movies, and will try this later
this evening and report back results.

Thanks again,
-T