httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gold, Samuel (Contractor)" <Go...@ncr.disa.mil>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] getting rid of it...
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:12:16 GMT
Todd,

Darwin is, from what I have heard, based on FreeBSD.  With that in mind try
looking for information on FreeBSD.  The startup scripts should be in
/etc/rc0.d - /etc/rc6.d directories.  I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Sam Gold

-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Ellner [mailto:tellner@cedarlake.com]
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 7:23 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] getting rid of it...

 I am pretty good with Apache and Tomcat - I use and administer them daily.
So it's with a little bit of chagrin that I'm writing for advice on how to
get rid of them.

I've got both running on my iMac where they are no longer welcome. In fact,
I'm trying to get rid of most services on that machine. But Darwin is not
Linux or Solaris. Stuff is in funny places. Can anyone tell me how to remove
Apache and Tomcat from MacOSX or at least how to modify things so that they
don't start on boot?

Thanks in advance,
Todd