httpd-users mailing list archives

From RANDALL LEMLEY <lem...@usa.net>
Subject [users@httpd] need help on mod_speling
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:36:39 GMT
Hi,
I have installed apache on a Redhat Linux 8.0 Server. We have only Windows
clients here (except for the one server). The organization intranet used to be
running on a windows server. We want to move this to the Linux server but the
intrnaet was written without case sensitivity enabled. So now all the URL's
are diffrent case. I don't want to rewrite all the URL's and so ..

I have edited the conf file manually (i.e. not using the X config tool) to
enable the CheckSpelling. Now I am running, but the module does not do its job
properly. Before when I clicked on a link with wrong case, Internet Explorer
returned an error 404 Page not found. Now it returns a page that says 'The
page cannot be displayed, Cannot find Server or DNS error'. Please help
me!!!!!!

If that is not the way to resolve my problem, how do I? Is there maybe some
program to rewrite all my URL's? There must be some way to!

Joel

P.S What bonehead spelt the module name wrong? (spelling is spelt with 2 l's)