httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Peters, Michael D." <Michael.Pet...@acbl.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Digest Authentication
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:19:16 GMT
I am trying to set up stronger security. I have basic authentication working
great. I would like to switch this over to digest authentication. I set up
the following httpd.conf directives and I start up Apache. Now I can just
browse to the documents directory without getting challenged whereas when I
used basic authentication, I was challenged.

<Location /opt/webroot/documents>
AuthType Digest
AuthDigestAlgorithm MD5
AuthName "Restricted Files"
AuthDigestDomain /opt/webroot/documents/
http://www.domainname.com/documents/
AuthDigestFile /usr/local/apache2/passwd/.digest_pw
Require valid-user
</Location>

<Directory /opt/webroot/documents>
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Restricted Files"
AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache2/passwd/passwords
Require user username
AllowOverride AuthConfig
</Directory>

This is Apache 2.0.47 on Solaris 9 using ./configure --enable-suexec
--enable-ssl --enable-so --enable-auth-digest. Does anyone have an idea why
Digest is not working for me?

Best regards,

Michael D. Peters