httpd-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Greenwood <...@exel.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Erratic load times when there is a 10 hits at once
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 16:47:42 GMT
I am experiencing response times of 15s for a small number of requests.  I
am running version 1.3.26 on Win32.  In a
little java test program I wrote to check for modified files I put in > 10
connections on as many threads together making 2250 requests as fast as they
can.  The weird this is that > 99% of the requests come back in < 0.6s, most
< 0.1s.  With the odd request coming back at between 14.5s and 14.9s.  What
is so weird is that ALL the requests that take > 0.7s take between 14.5s and
14.9s.  Apache does not exhibit this behaviour if there are < 10
threads/connections being used simultaneously.

I have attempted to alter the number of threads, and the keep alive settings
to no avail.

Can anyone tell me what is causing this?

Thanks

they are addressed. Any views or opinions are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of Exel
Computer Systems plc. If you have received this email in error
please notify Customer Services on 0115 946 0101.