httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike <mike.li...@levrah.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RE: Can't POST over 500K
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:36:52 GMT
At 06:30 AM 8/22/2003, you wrote:
>So no one else has anything suggestions on this?

Someone else would be better suited then me to point you were to change it
(whether Apache or PHP or the Bulletin Board software), but I would check
time-out settings.

500kb files are pretty large, even for Cable, ISDN and DSL connections. I
just uploaded a 700+kb file to one of our servers (in my case I used a Miva
applet I wrote some years ago to upload the file).

I'm on business DSL (typically faster than residential DSL services) and
that 700+kb file took awhile to upload. I didn't time it (I should have -
duh). While it didn't take minutes, it wasn't "near instantaneous" either.

So rather than checking for a "size limit", it might be worth looking into
a potential low time-out setting somewhere in your configuration or
application(s).

Hope that helps.
-mike