httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jason Oakley <jason.oak...@eds.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache VirtualHosts problem
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 00:47:47 GMT
I have a server which has two copies of apache running with two different
ports and conf files.

The first one will catch two domain names on the same IP.
netreporting.aapt.com.au and
plnr.aapt.com.au

The second is for plnr.aapt.com.au running on port 81 using apache-ssl.

We have a customer who wishes to use the secure site, but doesn't want to
put ":81/aaptfiletransfer" in the URL.  I've set up the first apache conf
file with a virtualhost which has a Redirect, so if they go to:
http://plnr.aapt.com.au
the page they get will be:
https://plnr.aapt.com.au:81/aaptfiletransfer

The VirtualHost directive is being read by the httpd as proven here:
VirtualHost configuration:
wildcard NameVirtualHosts and _default_ servers:
*:80                   is a NameVirtualHost
                        default server netreporting.aapt.com.au
(/pkgs/apache_1.3.27-maxservers/conf/httpd.conf:1039)
                        port 80 namevhost netreporting.aapt.com.au
(/pkgs/apache_1.3.27-maxservers/conf/httpd.conf:1039)
                        port 80 namevhost plnr.aapt.com.au
(/pkgs/apache_1.3.27-maxservers/conf/httpd.conf:1044)

At the moment, I've even tried not using a Redirect (or Rewrite which I've
also tried), but instead just have a separate DocumentRoot for the second
hostname. Whether I use the Redirect or use the DocumentRoot, it's still
only using the first (default) virtual host.
NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
         ServerName netreporting.aapt.com.au
         DocumentRoot "/pkgs/apache_1.3.22-sol8/htdocs"
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
         ServerName plnr.aapt.com.au
#       Redirect permanent / https://plnr.aapt.com.au:81/aaptfiletransfer/
         DocumentRoot "/export/securewww/"
</VirtualHost>
Whichever address you to to, either http://netreporting.aapt.com.au or
http://plnr.aapt.com.au it still serves the page from the
/pkgs/apache_1.3.22-sol8/htdocs DocumentRoot.

Regards,

Jason.

Jason Oakley +612 82821434
   Open and Intel Systems