httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Denise Mangano" <Deni...@complusdata.com>
Subject [users@httpd] apache starts but can't see web page - urgent
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 19:21:23 GMT
Please help, this is really urgent and I'm desperate.  I was recently
hacked, so I rebuilt my RH Linux 7.3 box extremely tight (followed MANY
security manuals).  I installed Apache/Tomcat/mod_jk and when I start
apache and tomcat I get no errors.

I have my web server on its own network with a 10.10.*.* address.  I
have my workstation on the same network with a 10.10.*.* address.  I can
SSH to my server fine, but when I am trying to pull up my web pages in a
browser it just hangs, and doesn't pull up my home page.

Is there something I can check to make sure that I am allowing HTTP
requests properly?

Thanks.

Denise