httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Denise Mangano" <Deni...@complusdata.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Errors with make and make install - urgent
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:17:43 GMT
Ok this seemed to do the trick to get passed the errors, and I could
make and install everything with no errors.  The problem is to now get
the mod_ssl to work.

Then able to config mod_ssl with the following:
./configure \
--with-apache=../apache_1.3.28
--with-ssl=../openssl-0.9.6b \
--with-crt=/usr/share/ssl/certs/certif.crt \
--with-key=/usr/share/ssl/private/myKey.key

after that was completed the following command line configured apache
with no errors:
cd ../apache_1.3.28
SSL_BASE=../openssl-0.9.6b \
./configure \
--prefix=/usr/local/apache \
--enable-module=so \
--enable-module=ssl \
--enable-shared=ssl \
--disable-module=userdir \
--disable-module=autoindex \
--server-uid=www \
--server-gid=www

Apache was able to start fine, but I still cannot access
https://localhost.  In the conf file I had to go in and add the paths to
my cert and key files.  When I run /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -l
mod_ssl is not listed.  There is no LoadModule statement in the
httpd.conf for mod_ssl, and the only *.so file that was copied over was
libssl.so into the libexec directory.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.