httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] redirect permanent statements inside virtualhost seem to be ingored
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:47:51 GMT
Bill Moran wrote:

> It appears as if the redirect statements are being completely
> ignored.  Trying to access http://www.3dresearch.com/libertarian
> fails with a message from master-new (also called fiordiligi).
> Meaning that the ProxyPass is working, but the redirect isn't.
> Connecting to http://www.3dresearch.com/~libertarian works
> fine.
>
> I can find no errors in any logs anywhere (at least nothing
> that relates to this).  We've tried multiple formats for
> the redirect statment, although what's shown above appears as
> though it should be correct (according to the docs).

You'll probably have to configure the redirects at the final server, not
the Apache front-end.  I think that once Apache sees that a URL is
covered by a ProxyPass statement it stops doing any processing and just
tries to get the resource from the proxy server... after all, you've
told it "all resources under this URL are handled by this other
server."  But that's just my guess, I could be way off.

Brian