httpd-users mailing list archives

From *Peter O'Neill - LISAsoft - RND <pone...@lisasoft.com.au>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 502 Handler
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 01:27:00 GMT
Hi guys,
I have a scenario where apache redirects a HTTP request through a
firewall to an application server on the backend. If the backend server
goes down apache receives a 502 Proxy error.
Now I don't really want apache to respond to the client  HTTP request
with a 502 proxy error. Is it possible for apache to display a service
down page upon receiving the 502 proxy error.
I'm rather new to Apache and haven't dealt with handlers before so any
documentation you could point me towards would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Peter O'Neill