httpd-users mailing list archives

From Laurent Blume <laurent.bl...@infores.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite problem w/ special chars in url
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 08:26:09 GMT
Földényi Tamás wrote:

> So can I assume this is a *bug*? Because I don't think apache shuld behave
> different at uri 'something' and uri '%E1'.

I don't think it's a bug, since IIRC, only US-ASCII chars are allowed in
URLs.
All other chars, as well as chars with special meaning, must be encoded.

And this has a reason: when you try to put a 'à' in your URL, is it
Unix, Windows, Mac? Which was its encoding?
It may be differ greatly depending on your system, be one or two bytes
long, for example, depending on if you're using ISO-8859-1 or UTF-8.

Laurent