httpd-users mailing list archives

From Darryl Cook <...@cs.appstate.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Help with POST command
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:54:32 GMT
Im running apache 2.0.46 and have created a script on tru64 5.1b machine
that runs fine.  The opening html script asks for an INPUT field that
the user types in their username.   The script then calls a php script
that verifies the name.  Inside the php script I can do
printf($username) and get the username that I entered in the html script
  that called this script.  This works on the tru64 machine but when I
copy this over to a linux 9.0 box the $username field is empty.  What
would be different with the two?  Below is basically what I have:

login.html script:

  <head>
  <title>Login Screen</title>
<FORM METHOD=post ACTION="./verifyuser.php/">
</b></div>
  <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="username" size="20">

  <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Save">
  </form>

then in the php script it just has :

<?php
printf("Username =%s",$username);
?>

as i said, this works no problem on tru64 but on linux the username
field is empty....why would the username field not get passed on the
linux machine?

thanks,
darryl