httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eugene Geldenhuys" <euge...@tfx.com.au>
Subject [users@httpd] CGI under Apache 2.0.40 - Won't someone please help me?
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 06:26:31 GMT
Hi Guys

I asked this question before, but received no response:

I wrote a script which works well on a RH6 system with Apache 1.3x.  I have
now upgraded to RH8 with Apache 2.0.40 and the script won't open or create
files on the server unless I make them suid.

For example, if I attempt to run adduser from the script, the system kicks back an error.

Strangely enough, I have mixed results when opening files for input - one of the functions

of the script is to update the /etc/aliases file - if I enable suexec the system cannot open
the file
unless I set it to permissions 777, if I do not enable suexec, the file has no such problem.

I guess the simple question is "how do I execute system binaries from within a CGI perl script?"

I have scanned all of the documentation for Apache and suexec and have
set up the httpd.conf file as follows:

Listen 80
Listen 8181

NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.3:80
NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.3:8181

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.3:80>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/html
    ServerName cerberus.tfx.com.au
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.3:8181>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/cerberus
    ServerName cerberus.tfx.com.au
    SuexecUserGroup tfx tfx
    ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/cerberus-error_log
    CustomLog /var/log/httpd/cerberus-access_log common
    LogLevel warn
    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl
<Directory "/var/www/cerberus/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride All
    Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
    Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

the folder /var/www/cerberus is owned by user and group tfx

I can't figure out where the problem is - can you?

Thanking you in anticipation.Best Regards
Eugene Geldenhuys
Best Regards
Eugene Geldenhuys
MCNE ECNE MCSE MCP