httpd-users mailing list archives

From Frank Biertz <Biertz.fr...@mh-hannover.de>
Subject [users@httpd] APACHE 1.3.27/ PDF-stream that is NOT written to the webbrowser
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:03:11 GMT
hello,

I am still searching for a solution.
(Problem:
PDF-stream that is written [via a perl script]
 from apache server is  not displayed in MS IE)
May I ask once more if there is idea
whatnot.

The situation :

( Apache 1.3.27, SunOS 5.8, fdf-toolkit Version 5,
Browser MS IE V. 5.0, 5.5, 6.0, perl, version 5.005_03
mime.types :
application/vnd.fdf
application/pdf                 pdf

)

I tried creating a new fdf-object in a perl script and started
it from the command line. Than there is a rank output to STDOUT,
the fdf-object obviously is not empty. Accessing the same perlscript
from the browser, does not display anything in the browser not even an
error message , no entry in the apache access_log too. Problem seems to
be
connected with communication of apache and the MS IE.
But I don't know what to do for troubleshooting.
In the  net  I found references to experiences in the same line.
(IE will not get the pdf from the web, byte serving, workarounds for
php[writing the fdf.file first  to disk and then redirect it to
the browser via "fpassthru( );] but no solution for perl under
unix-solaris.

Urge for help.

Regards

Frank

####

tested  perlscript :

~~
# more fratestsubmit.pl
#! /usr/bin/perl
# print STDOUT "See, ob es hier haengt...?";

use DBI;
use strict;
use integer;
use Acrobat::FDF;
use Crypt::OTP;
use MIME::Base64 ();
use String::CRC32;

my $fehler ;
my $fdf;

    #create a new FDF object
    $fdf = new Acrobat::FDF("materint.fdf");

    #set values
    $fdf->SetValue("patid", "14c", false);

  $fehler =  $fdf->SetValue("study","ELG" , false);

   $fehler =   $fdf->SetValue("pday","-1" , false);

  $fehler =    $fdf->SetValue("instn","999" , false);

    #Locate and set the bday of the child
 $fehler  =   $fdf->SetValue("bday","-1" , false);

$fehler  =
$fdf->SetFile("http://172.20.117.64/test/dataentry/forms/materint.pdf");

    #tell the webserver to show the pdf file

        $| = 1; # autoflush, so that the HTTP header is emitted
immediately

 print "Content-type: application/vnd.fdf\n\n";

$fehler =  $fdf->Save("-");

~~~