httpd-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Stone <cityli...@petmystone.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Writing ProxyBlock dynamically...anybody doing it?
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 14:09:18 GMT
I intrigued by the potential of the ProxyBlock directive.

ProxyBlock can block individual addresses. Or ProxyBlock can block *all*
addresses.

No in-between. I just tried experimenting with an Include directive

Include conf/proxy-block.txt

and found that it works great in Apache2. Now, how about dynamically
writing domains to the text file that don't match a given set? Is
anybody doing it? Aware of projects that are attempting this?

Sort of a filter. I would like to see ProxyBloxy except negated
arguments, e.g.

ProxyBlock * !www.mapquest.com

Maybe it's not the intention of an Apache Proxy Server to do this.

The reason I'm looking for this capability is that I have an environment
where I only want clients to hit a proxy and the proxy should only allow
access to a strict set of sites. It's not "filtering" or porn
prevention. It's more of a "kiosk" environment.

Thanks for any tips or suggestions,
Tim