httpd-users mailing list archives

From "hans huber" <hans.hu...@virtual-identity.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite / mod_jk
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 13:08:30 GMT
Hello,

due to some changes in configuration of my Tomcat application, I would
need to rewrite the urls.

I am using Apache 1.3.26 and Tomcat 4.1.12 connection with mod_jk.

Using the old config, I just mapped some paths to my tomcat application
that was running in the root context. Unfortunately I cannot do this
anymore and I have to put the tomcat application under a webapp name.

So I wrote some rewrite rules that do that (e. g. mapping from an url
"/german/index.jsp" to "/webappname/servletname/german/index.jsp").
Obviously the rewriting rules are evaluated *after* the mod_jk mapping,
so apache tries to search the uri on the file system and cannot find it
(instead of forwarding the request to tomcat).

Is there a way of moving up the rewrite engine in the priority so that
it is executed before mod_jk comes is involed? Or do you know another
way of achieving my needs? (It would work with a 302 Redirect, but I
wouldn't like that very much ).

Thanks,

Hans