httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marcin Orlowski <car...@wfmh.org.pl>
Subject [users@httpd] changing order of mod_rewrite and mod_dir?
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:25:14 GMT

Hi,

I use Apache 1.3.x and wrote some basic ruleset to rewrite AAA.domain.com
to domain.com/AAA It all works fine but... When I try to open
http://AAA.domain.com get  RewriteLog shows mod_dir come first and expands
the URI with what fits of DirectoryIndex. Say, it picks 'index.php' as this
file exists for the AAA.domain.com's DocRoot. So we got
http://AAA.domain.com/index.php now. Then, my rules rewrite it to
http://domain.com/AAA/index.php which may fail if there's no index.php in
AAA subdir. My question is how can I ensure mod_dir would not be invoked
before mod_rewrite rules get completed, so default index would be picked
for destination directory? I just browsed the manual and it looks AddModule
might be what I look for, but haven't tried it yet (neither I'm sure it
rings the bells). Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
--
 And he said: "God CTRL-S the Queen"...

 Marcin                          http://wfmh.org.pl/~carlos/