httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Adding banners
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2003 01:42:43 GMT
On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 10:28:47PM -0300, Cody Harris wrote:
> What i want to do is tell apache: Append this file (to the top or bottom) of
> ANY .htm, .html files. I have thousands of pages, so this needs to be done
> with Apache.

If you're adding a banner, you don't want it prepended to the original
file.  You need HTML added after the <body> tag in the original file.
That's something quite different and entirely more complex than simply
prepending another file to the output.

That having been said, it's the kind of thing which could be automated in a
variety of ways; perl immediately springs to mind, but there are many
alternatives.  However, it has nothing to do with Apache.

Cheers,

Zac