httpd-users mailing list archives

From R J <raman_janki...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache timesout with ProxyPass
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 20:45:01 GMT
I am running Apache 2.0.46 and using
ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse to send request to Tomcat
4.1.24.

Tomcat serves up a report and depending on the input
parameter the request could take more than 5 minutes.

I have noticed that I get a message the following
message from Apache as soon as it is 5 minutes.

Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an
upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET
/rombaapp/jsp/invoice-control.

Apache/2.0.46 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.46 OpenSSL/0.9.6g
Server at aha.jankiram.com Port 8443

Looks like it is really timing out after waiting for
tomcat to send the response.

I changed ProxyTimeout,SSLSessionCacheTimeout  to 600
and Apache still generates this message after 5
minutes.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
RJ