httpd-users mailing list archives

From "ted sam " <...@calamerican.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Name Virtual Host issues
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 23:33:34 GMT
John,

Thanks for your response...

Here is the log messages.  I tried it from two hosts...  One on the inside and one on the
out...

(cut and pasted)
[Fri Aug 15 18:09:41 2003] [error] [client 209.125.241.233] Directory index forbidden by rule:
D:/web/tas/
[Fri Aug 15 18:11:05 2003] [error] [client 192.168.1.100] Directory index forbidden by rule:
D:/web/tas/

Just to give you some history that might help.  I installed apache some eons ago on my drive
D.  My web location to c:\web.

DocumentRoot "c:/web"
<Directory />
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<Directory "c:/web">

This configuration has worked fine for many months off of drive C:\web\tas (not using named
based virutal hosts) until I decided that I needed to use Named Based Virtual Hosts with one
ipaddress on the server.

When you gave me the instructions to look in my log it was telling me to look in drive D.
 That to me was weird because in my config it is telling me that it is in c:\web in the document
root and directory.

Anyways, in trying (isolate and troubleshoot) to run some tests I created a new web directory
structure on drive D and I got the errors above.

Note: I am new with apache.

All the best.

-Ted-