httpd-users mailing list archives

From tina <tina_10102...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Trying to run apache from a standalone windows PC
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:57:13 GMT
Bao,

I'm trying to get the home page from the same PC. Today, I'm wondering if its a naming issue,
this is whats happening:
- on requesting http://127.0.0.1/, the browser 1st gives a "no connection" message then on
a retry gives the apache "install ok" page.
- the error log shows a redirection (304) on the requests.

This is a standard 1.3 install, the only change to the config file is the addition of the
windows DLLs [I haven't changed the home page location yet]. I would welcome a hint on what
to look at/where to go next.

Many thanks,
Tina

BAO RuiXian <ruixian.bao@pp.inet.fi> wrote:

tina wrote:
> Please can someone help me? I'm trying to run apache 1.3 on a standalone
> windows 2k PC. I have apache running ok, along with PHP but when i try
> to pull up the home page thru IE it won't service the request because I
> don't have a connection.

>From where you try to pull up the home page? I guess you are trying
that from same machine. If so, you don't need a connection. What's the
URL you typed in? Have you tried http://localhost or http://127.0.0.1?

Best

Bao