httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Banks <l0f...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache firewall issue - solved!
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2003 01:19:42 GMT
Thanks MIke,

Nice Job.

Sorry, I didn't know if you were using windows or linux/unix varient when I posted the ping
directions. "-M do" basically tells the linux kernel to not fragement the packet.
On windows machines its "ping -l 1472 192.168.1.1 -f" -l is for the packet size and -f is
to set
the DF bit (don't fragment bit) inside of the outgoing ping packet.

Just the other day I spent 6hrs banging my head against the floor boards trying to debug my
first
time Apache install...

JBanks