httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paul Yunusov <pyunu...@rogers.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] DirectoryIndex ignored
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 16:39:52 GMT
On August 7, 2003 12:45 pm, Ben-Nes Michael wrote:
> Check
> Redirect directive
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_alias.html#redirect

As far as I know, the Redirect directive will result in redirection to a
certain URL of every URL path that begins with "/" in my case, which will
lead to recursive redirection. Besides, the implication of redirection is
that a certain resource has moved which is not true in my case, although
redirection may seem to produce the desired effect.

I would like to use a resource at a path like "/webapp1/data/index" as an
index page for the "/" directory, which is exactly what the DirectoryIndex
directive is supposed to accomplish.

My question is why this is not happening in my case.
Thanks,

Paul