httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Richardson <br...@cubik.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual Hosting and SSL (https)
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 07:44:56 GMT
On August 3, 2003 08:39 pm, Scott Barbour wrote:
> Hopefully somebody can help..Is it possible to run virtual sites with
> some of the sites utilizing SSL and the others not?

You can only use one SSL certificate per IP address that you have (Is this a
FAQ? I can't remember). Therefore, a proper configuration would look like
this:

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.1:443>
ServerName www.barbourcentral.com
SSLCertificateFile /etc/ssl/certs/www.barbourcentral.com/apache.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/private/www.barbourcentral.com/apache.key
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.2:443>
ServerName www.michaelandkeri.com
SSLCertificateFile /etc/ssl/certs/www.michaelandkeri.com/apache.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/certs/private/www.michaelandkeri.com/apache.key
</VirtualHost>

How you make this happen is up to you. Suffice it to say that if you only have
one external IP address, this is a tricky exercise at best, probably
involving port forwarding on your firewall/NAT, and URL rewriting.

HTH,
Brian

--
The tree in which the sap is stagnant remains fruitless.
		-- Hosea Ballou