httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache problems behind ipf and Speedstream 5861...
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2003 15:01:00 GMT
Spam Trap wrote:
> If I serve up a page larger than just a few lines of HTML then the page
> never loads in the outside world.  I can serve up a <HTML>Hello
> World!</HTML> just fine but anything even remotely larger than that is
> a problem.

No idea, really, but it doesn't sound like an Apache error. Does Apache's
logs say that the requests were successfully served (ie. 200 in access_log
and nothing in error_log)?

Just some thoughts:

It might be your network interface, switch or router that is malfunctioning
or is misconfigured, or something further upstream. An IP node (or perhaps
only gateways, I'll have to check the RFC) is allowed to fragment (split) IP
packages if the network it's going to travel doesn't support the original
packet size. If this happens, and the receiver fails to combine them again
(because they were (de)fragmented incorrectly), it may result in what you
are seeing.

Have you tried from another computer but on the same network? Does that
work? Is it only over HTTP, or does it also affect other services, like FTP?

Regards,
Robert Andersson