httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alejandro. R. Mosteo Chagoyen" <alejan...@mosteo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Garbage in pages
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 18:18:09 GMT
This is my first post so hello everybody.

I'm using Apache 2.0.47 + Resin 2.1.10 in a WindowsXP and I'm getting
corrupt pages serving a fairly large JSP (some 35000 bytes).

The amount of garbage is variable, usually within a difference of a
hundred bytes, but it always starts exactly after byte 8202. The
garbage has a size of about 8192 bytes. It appears between two blocks
of valid data, which are always the same data. It seems that an
intermediate block of memory gets corrupted or something.

In the garbage appears data of other apps, like filenames which I
really have and the like.

I don't know who can be the culprit, whether Resin or Apache.
Pausing/restarting them doesn't solve anything. After a reboot, it
runs fine for some time and when it starts to happen, it seems to
happen every time for pages > 8kB.

Has anyone seen something similar? Any hints to track down the origin
of the problem?

TIA,

Alex.

P.s: Here is some sample of the garbage:

class="tdTipPuntuacion">No hay votoRCRD(        é^æ    €…  à
é^æ       à  1                   ˆìð°)Má ^æ                   ¨
   @             ( @ h @   8       r      r
̝Ú]Ã̝Ú]Ã̝Ú]Ã                   ;
ÜVˆÚ]ÃÜVˆÚ]ÃÜVˆÚ]Ã                   ;                  %^æ

The RCRD sequence is the first invalid data.