httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Server Setup
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 04:58:34 GMT
[plain text, please]

Rotermund, Joy wrote:
> We have recently downloaded and installed the latest Apache
> web server software. In testing the product it has come to our
> attention that files and directories are being browsed via windows
> explorer. Can someone please provide instructions as to how to
> prevent this and maintain the look, feel, speed of FTP browsing.

How do you see that they browse via 'Windows Explorer'. As far as I know, it
has the same finger print as Internet Explorer. What you mean by 'look,
feel, speed of FTP browsing' in this context is beyond me. Please explain
your situation better and provide details.

If you want to prevent a certain browser from accessing your site, you can
do something like this:

    BrowserMatch "Windows Explorer" browser=win_explorer
    Deny from browser=win_explorer

Regards,
Robert Andersson