httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache y SSH
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 22:12:00 GMT
Ramiro Pulga" wrote:
> Exactly, I want close port 80, just listen for 443. I understood you that
> have to configure apache (2.0.40) for listening port 443 instead 80. But
> that don't means that I redirect to SSL, doesn't it?. I solv it doing a
> index.html redirecting to another page https://localhost/anotherpage.html.

Not, this is a bit confusing. Do you want Apache to ignore port 80 requests,
or redirect them to port 443? I think I covered both ways in my previous
mail. Did you try? What didn't work?

> I want to disallow that I can watch directory structure when I enter for
> https, I have a index.html.

You must give more information about your setup. It is hard to speculate on
every possible setup you have.
Do take a look at these two directives, and look at all instances of them in
your httpd.conf:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_dir.html#directoryindex
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#options

Regards,