httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can this be done with Apache?
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 21:56:17 GMT
Ola Ogunneye wrote:
> From my understanding, does that mean that I will have the following in
> the respective areas? Notice that one says htdoc and the other says
htdocs.

In summary, what you need is:

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName server1.example.com
    DocumentRoot "D:/Apache/Apache2/htdocs"
    <Dicretory "D:/Apache/Apache2/htdocs">
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        Options ...
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerName server2.example.com
    DocumentRoot "D:/Apache/Apache2/htdoc"
    <Dicretory "D:/Apache/Apache2/htdoc">
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

In this case, the first vh's DocumentRoot clashes with what I assume is your
"global" DocumentRoot, which should already have a Directory-block for it.

Regards,
Robert Andersson