httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can this be done with Apache?
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:49:12 GMT
[plain text, please]

Ola Ogunneye wrote:
> Is this what I need to do for example?
>
> NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.1:80
>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.1.1:80>
>     ServerAdmin ola@email.com
>     DocumentRoot D:/Apache/Apache2/htdoc
>     ServerName server1.example.com
>     ErrorLog logs/server1.example.com-error_log
>     CustomLog logs/server1.example.com-access_log common
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.1.1:80>
>     ServerAdmin ola@email.com
>     DocumentRoot D:/Apache/Apache2/htdocs
>     ServerName server2.example.com
>     ErrorLog logs/server2.example.com-error_log
>     CustomLog logs/server2.example.com-access_log common
> </VirtualHost>

Yes, looks about right. You may want to use different DocumentRoots, though.
For simple setups, it is usually best to use * instead of explicit ip:port.
You should also configure each of the document root directories in their own
<Directory> block (inside or outside the <VirtualHost> block).

If you haven't already, it's all explained well here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/name-based.html

Regards,
Robert Andersson