httpd-users mailing list archives

From Trev Peterson <trev_...@advanced-reality.com>
Subject [users@httpd] apache 1.3.28, ie5.0 page render problem
Date Sun, 31 Aug 2003 19:08:28 GMT
Hello,

I am having a problem with the way a php web page renders when server
from apache 1.3.28.  The same page when served from apache 1.3.27 and
2.0.45 do not show this behavior (renders OK).

Problem description: When loading the page initially it loads correctly,
however, if I click on the home link (which reloads the page) a 6" space
occurs at the top of the page.  If I select reload the page renders
correctly.  The space at the top of the page happens everytime it is
loaded from a link.

Note: I only have one of each of the apache versions so the test is not
a thorough test of all servers of these versions.

Here are the details:

Browser: Internet Explorer (windows) 5.00.3315.1000 (standard SP2
browser)
Note: Mozilla seems to render the page correctly

Server: apache 1.3.28
More server details here: http://advanced-reality.com/phpinfo.php
Problem Reproducable: yes

How to reproduce the problem:
        1. load http://www.advanced-reality.com
        2. click on home link
if using IE 5.0 (windows) the space at the top of the page should be
visible.

I can provide a tarball of the required php pages if anyone is
interested in testing this on another 1.3.28 server.

This problem seems to be a strange interaction between the html/css
page, browser version and server.  I'm kind of stuck here, any help
would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
        Trev Peterson