httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache y SSH
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 04:36:55 GMT
Ramiro Pulgar wrote.
> I want to configure Apache or SSH because two ports do "the same", and I
> want only "secure port (SSH)". How can I close http (80) port only and ssh
> port works only

It is not clear to me what you are asking. I also assume that you mean SSL
when you say SSH, as the latter doesn't make sense in this context. It seems
like you want your Apache to not serve regular (un-
encrypted) HTTP, but only through SSL. Please describe your problem better,
including what version of Apache you are using.

If you don't want to have Apache listening for request on port 80, but only
443, you need to have:
    Listen 443
And, perhaps:
    NameVirtualHost *:443

If you want to have visitors redirected to the SSL host, setup a virtual
host on the same IP (port 80), that includes the following directive:
    RedirectPermanent / https://yourhost/

> If I enter for http My first page is index.htm but if I enter for https I
> watch the directory strucure.

Is it the correct directory structure? Do you have a valid index document
(eg. index.html) in that directory? If you want to disallow directory
listings, you need to have the following directive in a <Directory> block
for the directory:
    Options -Indexes
(see http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#options)

> I want to add security to my pages.

If you want help with enabling SSL, someone else will have to take over.

Regards,
Robert Andersson