httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Adding banners
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 06:29:55 GMT
gebser@ameritech.net wrote:
> I pointed to a solution

You did not.

> Maybe you could explain why I should do this for such a
> pleasant and collegial person as yourself.

I doubt that Brian, as I, is very interested in your 'solution'. As it looks
now, you don't have a solution and appear a troll, why we encourage you to
explain your 'solution' in order to make yourself credible; for your own
sake.

The 'solution' has not 'been addressed and answered repeatedly', as you
claim, for the two years I've been on this list, and I have read 95% of all
messages during this period.

As a logical deduction, it is *impossible* to do this with CSS if a
centralized CSS script isn't guaranteed to be linked to in each document, as
a stand-alone CSS cannot alter a document it isn't a part of. However, if
the latter predicate was true, it might be possible as an awful hack (eg.
body { background-image: url('xxx'); margin-top: 80px; } ).

> The information I gave in my previous post [...] clearly shows that CSS
> can be used for the requested purpose... if you would bother to look
> where I suggested.

You mean here?
http://www.google.com/search?q=css+footer

Kindly point out which page you find the answer on. On the few I followed,
all I see is unthoughtful kids asking and sensible people telling them it
isn't possible.

Regards,
Robert Andersson