httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Adding banners
Date Sun, 17 Aug 2003 11:28:17 GMT
Cody Harris wrote:
> What i want to do is tell apache: Append this file (to the top or bottom)
of
> ANY .htm, .html files. I have thousands of pages, so this needs to be done
> with Apache.

I you haven't had banners before, but want them from now on, you should make
a one-time script (eg. Perl) that runs through your documents and inserts
the code. Making such script would go much faster than doing it manually,
and not take much longer than any other solution, while giving the best
results. If you need to "enforce" it (ie. applying the banner in documents
created by others) you have no choice but passing them through a filter or
letting a CGI or PHP script handle them.

Regards,
Robert Andersson