httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] need help on mod_speling
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:57:00 GMT
RANDALL LEMLEY wrote:
> Before when I clicked on a link with wrong case, Internet Explorer
> returned an error 404 Page not found. Now it returns a page that says
> 'The page cannot be displayed, Cannot find Server or DNS error'.

You need to provide more details here. What does really happen here?
Apache's access and error logs should give clues.

A guess is that your Apache isn't properly configured to create
self-referential URIs. Does other types of redirects (eg. Redirect
directive) work? Check your UseCanonicalName directive:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#usecanonicalname

> If that is not the way to resolve my problem, how do I? Is there maybe
> some program to rewrite all my URL's? There must be some way to!

I think you should try to correct your links, as the use of mod_speling
should be a (temporary) workaround rather than a (final) solution. To do it
automatically might be tricky depending on the contents.

> P.S What bonehead spelt the module name wrong? (spelling is spelt with 2
l's)

The author, I guess, and I understand why he thought the module necessary
;-)

Regards,
Robert Andersson