httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Please help with a couple of Apache problems
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:21:03 GMT
Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:
> > I have tried playing with the Apache Min and Max Server settings
> > and Keepalives. These made no difference.
>
> Of course they won't. It's a bandwidth issue. How big are the images
> combined (add up file sizes for all 45 images)?

Most likely it's not a bandwidth issue. A well-behaving HTTP User Agent will
not establish more than two concurrent connections to the same server, why
it will have a hard time consuming a server's bandwidth when downloading
small images, and why tweaking such performance directives won't help.
Except, make sure Keep-Alive is active; it's priceless on documents like you
described, as the client otherwise need to establish and tear down 45
IP/TCP/HTTP connections in this case.

Regards,
Robert Andersson