httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Leif W" <warp-...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] blocking one address
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2003 22:04:47 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason (Spaz)" <HaxCode4u@comcast.net>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 2:16 PM
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] blocking one address

> When I get back in about 3 hours I will try out this on my server.  I'm
> running WinXP and Apache 2.047.  My logs have been full of nothing but
> useless junk like this...so I've got to try something myself.  I will let
ya

About the logs, I think these viruses scan IP ranges.  For this case, I have
set up a "default" virtual host that will "catch" anything that doesn't
match any of my virtual hosts.  This helps to keep the junk out of my other
site's logfiles.  This is a small home-based setup with one IP.  For larger
sites, each IP would have to be setup with a "default".  It may clutter the
config file, but it may also separate some of the junk from logs.  For each
NameVirtualHost I have the first VirtualHost section with a ServerName
default.  If I access the server by IP address, I get the "default" site's
webpage.

Leif

> know unless someone else does before me.
>
> later

(Currently