httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Leif W" <warp-...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.47 cannot view web pages via browser
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 20:33:54 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "ohbaby33 GT" <ohbaby33@hotmail.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2003 4:14 PM
Subject: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.47 cannot view web pages via browser

> I downloaded Apache 2.0.47 win32 with MSI installed to a Win2k Server to a
> non operation system partition. It installed just fine and is running as a

What is a "non operation system partition"?  Can you be more precise?  Is it
a networked drive on a Linux system?

> local system account. BUT, when I try to view any content I get "page is
not
> available".

What do the access and error logs say?

> The slashes face forward not backwards and are in quotes.

The slashes where, in the "Page is not available" error, or in the configs,
or in the HTML file?

> The index.html file is in the proper location and so is the documentIndex.

To be clear, do you mean the DocumentIndex in the httpd.conf?  Does this
list include index.html?

> Why does this NOT work?

Need more details to figure out first what you're trying to do, and second
where the error lies.

> Has anybody installed apache 2.0.47 on a win2k server?

I'm sure they have.  I have had 2.0.46 and several prior versions running on
windows spanning over a year, but I've recently moved back over to Linux for
2.0.47.

> What are the NTFS permission suppose to be??

For plain HTML folders and files, I believe they need to have Read access.
For folders containing scripts, Read and Execute.

Leif