httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Leif W" <warp-...@usa.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Simple user question
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:58:30 GMT
Because the archive was tarred up with non-root userid and groupid, which is
only a coincidence that it's some other user on your system.  Just chown -R
root.root /path/to/dir.

Leif

----- Original Message -----
From: "Denise Mangano" <Denisem@complusdata.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2003 9:58 AM
Subject: [users@httpd] Simple user question

I have a weird problem... I have two users set up on my RH 7.3 box, both
belonging to the users group.  When I login as me (weblogin) I can su -
to root no problem.  However, when I am as root anytime I mkdir, or tar
an archive, etc... The owner comes up as arnied:20  (arnied is the other
user on the system).  Does anyone know why this would be happening?
'arnied' is not currently logged on, and does not have access to su -
password....

Thanks.
Denise