httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steve White" <swh...@dias.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problems on Linux box
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 15:19:40 GMT
From: "Drew Weaver"
> Grep nobody /etc/groups

Yes, group nobody exists.

> Do you have a group called nobody, or more specifically do you have a
group
> for whatever group you told apache to run as in the config?

That was it.  The Group entry in httpd.conf was set to something rather odd
that I believe was using a system variable that I didn't recognize (which
explains that rather long number coming up for group id in error_log).  I
was able to start httpd normally and it's now serving web pages.

Thanks for the help Drew.  Next time you're in Milwaukee I'll buy you a
drink.

Cheers,

Steve