httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jean-Sebastien Guay" <jean_...@hybride.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem setting up server-status and server-info locations
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 16:29:56 GMT
Greetings,

I have Apache/2.0.47 (Win32) mod_perl/1.99_10-dev Perl/v5.8.0, and I
can't seem to get the server-status and server-info locations to work.
As I understand it, it should be as simple as uncommenting the relevant
lines in httpd.conf, changing the address in "Allow from" to something
that will be valid for me, and restarting the server. But even when I do
this, and try to access http://mymachine/server-status, I get a 404
error, and my error log has this:

[Wed Aug 06 12:24:54 2003] [error] [client <my IP>] File does not exist:
D:/htdocs/server-status

Here are the relevant sections of my httpd.conf:

<Location /server-status>
    SetHandler server-status
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from xxx.xxx.xxx.*
</Location>

<Location /server-info>
    SetHandler server-info
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from xxx.xxx.xxx.*
</Location>

What's weird is that I got the perl-status location (for mod_perl) to
work just fine, with a location section very similar to those above
(just without the "Deny from all" line, but even if I remove that for
server-status and server-info location sections, it doesn't change
anything).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

J-S
Jean-Sébastien Guay                  jean_seb@hybride.com
Software Developer, Hybride         http://www.hybride.com
Piedmont, Québec, Canada