httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Hyman" <mhy...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSL not an option for virtual IP based hosts served by 1 external IP ... alternatives?
Date Sat, 16 Aug 2003 04:32:36 GMT
Yes, if you setup the default environment to be vanilla, then have a
separate VirtualHost for each IP.

If you send me your e-mail address, I will send you a copy of one of my
configs that you can use as a template. My e-mail is mhyman@yahoo.com

Regards...Michael

----- Original Message -----
From: "George Walsh" <gjmwalsh@netscape.net>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2003 3:55 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] SSL not an option for virtual IP based hosts
served by 1 external IP ... alternatives?

> Thanks for responding, Michael!
>

> >You can configure it to have each virtual server using a different port.
If
> >you have a load balancer or NAT/PAT device in front of the server, you
could
> >hide the port number differences by assigning an address at the NAT
device.

> I did at one time have a LinkSys unit up front but it could only handle
one address so I removed it as something having no real application in my
server environment, which is Mandrake Linux 9.1 with Apache2.0.47 for the
record.

> If I undersatnd your suggestion correctly, by assigning a unique port to
the internal IP masqueraded address for aach division, the problem of
getting around secure traffic being defaulted by Apache to the first virtual
host it knows about is successfully dealt with.