httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Cgi qustion
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 05:02:59 GMT
BBF Tech. Support wrote:
> I am using Rexx and it has nothing to do with the interpretor directly,
> it's an Apache requirement to find the Interpreter for a cgi.
> And it won't run without it. THus why I thought it coul dbe hard coded
> in the cnf

If you are on Windows (I seem to remeber Win 2k being mentioned in your
posts), you can perhaps make use of ScriptInterpreterSource Registry:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#scriptinterpretersource

If you're on *nix, the shebang should contain the path to the interpreter,
and AFAIK there is no way around it, except wrapping the call to the script
inside another script (eg. Perl) with a shebang.

Regards,
Robert Andersson