httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Arthur Chan" <ach...@saysit.com.hk>
Subject [users@httpd] Is this an OpenSSL or httpd or Netscape problem ???
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 06:38:10 GMT
Since all of you is silent on this, I assume you don't know and wish to know
more :
The vhosts work fine on one IP, as described earlier, and after downloading
and patching Netscape 6.2, it is working the way it should. So now, with the
afore-mentioned setup in httpd.conf, mod_ssl and OpenSSL, I have three
browsers working :
*  MSIE5
*  Netscape 6.2 (patched and re-patched, costing about 2 days of effort so
far)
*  Mozilla (just fine...)
*  Netscape 7.1 -DOES NOT WORK
Here's the error :
connect to home page http://my.first.com
from home page, I click on a secure link, which takes me to an ugly splash
screen
click to continue and certificate presents itself, then sign in
normally Netscape's little lock (bottom right) is closed by now, but not in
7.1
continue locking in and getting the data from database via Tomcat
Netscape 7.1 says no certificate and transmission is in clear text for all
to read, yet from my end I have the transmission all encrypted. MSIE5,
Mozilla, and now even Netscape6.2 shows that the tranmission is encrypted,
but Netscape 7.1 disagrees with Netscape 6.2, MSIE5 and Mozilla.
So, if Netscape 7.1 is genuine, than it has broken OpenSSL and mod_ssl.
I despair with Netscape.